Asphalt pavement is important for many reasons. In previous blog posts, we have discussed various tips and the benefits of different asphalt paving solutions, as well as how to maintain your asphalt with sealcoating and crack sealer. So here are some more interesting facts about asphalt that are worth taking note of:
Benefits of asphalt paving:
- Versatility – Asphalt is commonly used for driveways, highways, and parking lots thanks to its strength and flexibility. Asphalt paving also works worldwide as a water storage, flood control, and erosion solution.
- Safety – The smoothness of asphalt pavement gives vehicle tires superior contact with the road. Open-graded asphalt allows water to drain through the surface and off to the sides, reducing the amount of splash made from vehicles.
- Noise Reduction – Simply put, asphalt is quiet pavement. Asphalt can provide up to 50% reduction in traffic noise.
- Sustainability – Asphalt pavements are America’s most recycled product. Reused/renewed reduces the cost of highways and the need for new materials.
- Longevity – With proper pavement maintenance, including crack sealing and sealcoating every 2-3 years, the life of the asphalt parking lot, driveway or highway will increase.
For your next commercial or residential paving project, consider asphalt pavement and take advantage of the many benefits it offers. For more information or for a free quote, contact the professionals at Hill Country Sealcoat.